Reflective Journal – Week 16

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.

I learned from my Modern Healthcare entry that the AMA is implementing rules that physicians need more knowledge regarding healthcare economics. I thought this was a great idea because it will improve understanding regarding costs in the healthcare system. 

I liked the exam 3 we covered because it helped me realize how to view each question and situation differently than I originally thought. I liked hearing what everyone else liked about the course and thought needed to remain in the curriculum. 

After evaluating and assessing my own conflict management in the workplace, I realized I need to be more upfront and honest when I need help or cannot do favors for other people. I cannot just simply agree to do things to avoid conflict or confrontation in the workplace. 

4. You personal feelings about the material covered.

I liked learning that physicians are required to learn about economics in the healthcare system. This will help guide their decisions which may affect patient costs. They can be more thoughtful towards the financial consequences of care if they learn about these economics.