Reflective Journal Wk 14

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.

Leaders and supervisors have a responsibility to motivate their employees. Coming up with ways to do this proved to be a lot harder than I originally anticipated. 

It was really difficult to think of ways to make employees like their jobs more and be motivated to work harder. I had to think of all the ways my employers and bosses would come up with ways to make me feel more motivated at work. I also learned that congress is being lobbied to benefit pharmaceutical companies, rather than lowering the price for customers. 

I’m not sure how I can fight and argue for lower drug prices, and not focusing on lower costs for manufacturing companies. And I will remember some of the suggestions my group members mentioned of ways to motivate employees. 

4. You personal feelings about the material covered.

I am realizing more and more how hard it would be to become a nurse leader or manager. It is seeming more daunting and more a position that I am not interested in anymore.