Wk 11 Reflective Journal

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.

I learned about how to be more strategic and effective in planning and executing as a leader. I realized how much planning and preparing goes into projects beforehand. I also learned how difficult it is to complete a strategic plan. 

It’s so complex to think of all the strategic planning that occurs in healthcare. There’s advertisement, re-expansion and competition. In my opinion, the competition is for the worse. I don’t like feeling like we have to provide customer service, rather than doing our job and providing good, bedside nursing. I like to focus on patient safety rather than their overall yelp review of the hospital. 

I will make sure I am polite and kind to all of my patients, however, I will never compromise patient safety for a better review or evaluation of customer service. I will not see the hospital as a hotel, rather than the hospital providing medical care. I will also remember how much strategic planning goes into a project before completing one. 

4. You personal feelings about the material covered.

I realize how much competition plays into healthcare. Marketing, advertisement and reviews all can influence whether or not I have a job. It also relates to the modern healthcare article I chose to write on. Bias and stereotypes are also influencing healthcare. 

When finished with your entry, place one sentence in this assignment stating your Blog (Reflective Journal) entry has been made.