Reflective Journal-Wk 6

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.

I learned about ethics committee’s and their importance in healthcare. We discussed an example of an ethical dilemma and hard the decision would be to make. 

We had two discussions regarding ethical dilemmas and what the best decision would be the best solution if we were placed on the ethics committee’s. From the group, we discussed how to approach ethical conflict and how to approach it initially. 

I will use this information to guide my patient care. I will approach ethical dilemmas with care. I will try to approach conflict with regards to each person involved. However, if there is no resolution I need to approach the ethics committee. I will explain to them the situation and why I need their guidance as to further approach patient care. 

4. You personal feelings about the material covered.

I am nervous to approach these kind of conflicts in the workplace. I feel timid thinking of disagreements between physicians and family members because I am to be the advocate for both parties.