Reflective Journal Wk 5

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.

I feel like this unit focused on supervision. It put us into the perspective of “If I was their supervisor, how would I handle this situation? What actions need to be done?”. It made me have questions about leadership and delegation. How should employees be reprimanded? How would you evaluate an employee? 

I thought listening to others perspective on leadership, they felt as though failure to not live up to job expectations warranted termination without warning. They felt as though excuses were not tolerable, no matter the situation. This was definitely against what I had thought and had given me a new perspective on the topic. 

I need to be more strict as a leader, not so tolerable to life’s extenuating circumstances. If I am too flexible, employees will take advantage and not fulfill their job expectations/ requirements. There is a balance between being a harsh and understanding leader. 

4. You personal feelings about the material covered.

I feel like this unit was an important one to talk about and I learned a lot from the team activities and individual ones.